Every school provides counseling services to all students. Read 324P - School Guidance and Counseling Programs.
Members of the school counseling staff work with classroom teachers through various school and community services. Together they assist pupils with better understanding themselves, developing their abilities and intellectual capacities, making wise decisions, and preparing for and living satisfying and successful lives. All this is accomplished relative to students' abilities, interests, and needs.
In order to meet these needs, the scope of our program embraces the following services:
- registration and orientation of students
- maintenance of individual cumulative records
- testing of students and interpretation of results to teachers, students, and parents
- counseling with students (career and personal)
- provision and interpretation of educational and occupational information to students and parents
- educational and employment placement of students
- follow up of graduates
- use of community agencies
- interpreting needs of the students to the administration and those in charge of instruction
- liaison agent for pupil, parents, and school
Ms. Candice Longoria (A-Divittorio)
Ms. Allison Blum (Dodrill-Jones)
Ms. Carmen Thompson (Jose-Ouk)
Mrs. Stacy Jeran (Owens-Taveras)
Mrs. Amber Mungavin, Director (Taylor-Z)
To schedule an appointment with your counselor, please complete and submit the SHS School Counseling Sign Up Form.
Additional Counseling Staff
Ms. Kelly Lodge, Secretary
Mrs. Tracey White, Registrar
Ms. Stephanie Noel, Accountability Specialist
Scholarships - Learn more about scholarship opportunities.
College Entrance Tests - Get more information about SAT and ACT testing, including requesting accommodations.
Laurel Ridge C.C. Library Resources - Access Laurel Ridge Community College's library resources.
Upcoming Counseling Events
- College Night 2022: Wednesday, September 28 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm (Apple Blossom Mall)
- Financial Aid Presentation: Wednesday, October 12 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm (SHS Auditorium)
- FAFSA Workshop: Wednesday, November 9 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm (SHS Library)
- Class of 2023- Senior Parent Meeting Presentation
- 2022-23 Dual Enrollment Presentation
- College Admissions Presentation
- 2022-2023 Transcript Deadlines
- Transfer VA Dual Enrollment Student Guide
- 2022-23 SAT/ACT Fee Waiver Request Form
- Scholarship Search Site
- College Planning
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Kahn Academy
- Career Planning Guide