Student Accident Insurance
For the students' protection, if medical insurance is not currently provided through the parents' employer or individual plans, parents are strongly encouraged to purchase insurance from a private vendor or the student accident insurance available through the school division vendor—K&K Insurance Group.
FCPS has selected the Student Insurance Plan from K&K Insurance Group to make reliable coverage available to parents. If you don't have other insurance, this plan may be a resource to consider. Additionally, even if you have other coverage, this plan can help fill expensive "gaps" caused by deductibles and co-pays. Coverage may be purchased at any time during the school year.
- Once on the K&K Insurance website, select "K12 Voluntary" under ENROLL NOW and click "GO"
- Click the bubble for "Current School Year"
- Click the bubble for "Frederick County Public Schools" and continue
- Enter your student's information to load available plans
- Choose your plan and "Add Student"
- You will be shown Plan and Total Premium information; click continue
- Read the policy information and continue
- Complete enrollment information for Parent/Guardian
- Read Disclosures; click "I have agreed to the above terms" and complete remaining information (Name of Person Completing Form) and continue
- Read Coverage & Premiums Application Summary
- Continue to Payment
- Register (to acquire login name and password)
- Proceed to payment options