Every school provides counseling services to all students. Read 324P - School Guidance and Counseling Programs.
Members of the school counseling staff work with classroom teachers through various school and community services. Together they assist pupils with better understanding themselves, developing their abilities and intellectual capacities, making wise decisions, and preparing for and living satisfying and successful lives. All this is accomplished relative to students' abilities, interests and needs.
In order to meet these needs, the scope of our program embraces the following services:
- registration and orientation of students
- maintenance of individual cumulative records
- testing of students and interpretation of results to teachers, students and parents
- counseling with students (career and personal)
- provision and interpretation of educational and occupational information to students and parents
- educational and employment placement of students
- follow up of graduates
- use of community agencies
- interpreting needs of the students to the administration and those in charge of instruction
- liaison agent for pupil, parents and school
Ms. Candice Longoria (A-Decker)
Ms. Allison Blum (Defibaugh-Jennings)
Ms. Thompson (Jensen-Nunez)
Dr. Bellinger (Nyarko-Stafford)
Mrs. Amber Mungavin, Director (Stapleton-Z)
To schedule an appointment with your counselor, please complete and submit the SHS School Counseling Sign Up Form.
Additional Counseling Staff
Ms. Megan Raybuck, Registrar
Ms. Stephanie Noel, Accountability Specialist
Mr. Aaron Orndorff, Student Support Coach
Mrs. Krista Rudolph, Career Coach
Ms. Ashlie Solomon, Secretary
Course Descriptions/Program of Studies - Get course information and descriptions
Scholarships - Learn more about scholarship opportunities
College Entrance Tests - Get more information about SAT and ACT testing, including requesting accommodations.
Laurel Ridge C.C. Library Resources - Access Laurel Ridge Community College's library resources.
Upcoming Counseling Events
PSAT: Testing will take place at Sherando High School on October 10-13 due to new digital testing
College Night at Apple Blossom Mall: Wednesday, September 27 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Junior Class Presentations: Tuesday, October 3 and Wednesday, October 4
Freshmen Class Presentations: Tuesday, October 24 and Wednesday, October 25
- 2023-24 Senior Parent Meeting Presentation
- Class of 2024 Senior Year Presentation
- 2023-24 Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting Presentation
- College Admissions Presentation
- 2023-24 Dual Enrollment Presentation
- SHS Virtual Virginia Application Summer 2023/School Year 2023-2024
- 2023-2024 Transcript Request Deadlines
- Transfer Virginia
- 2023-24 SAT/ACT Fee Waiver Request Form
- Scholarship Search Site
- College Planning
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Kahn Academy
- Career Planning Guide