Every school provides counseling services to all students. Read 324P - School Guidance and Counseling Programs.
Members of the school counseling staff work with classroom teachers through various school and community services. Together they assist pupils in better understanding themselves, developing their abilities and intellectual capacities, making wise decisions, and preparing for and living satisfying and successful lives. All this is accomplished relative to students' abilities, interests, and needs.
In order to meet these needs, the scope of our program embraces the following services:
- registration and orientation of students
- maintenance of individual cumulative records
- testing of students and interpretation of results to teachers, students, and parents
- counseling with students (career and personal)
- provision and interpretation of educational and occupational information to students and parents
- educational and employment placement of students
- follow up of graduates
- use of community agencies
- interpreting needs of the students to the administration and those in charge of instruction
- liaison agent for pupil, parents, and school
Ms. Candice Longoria (A-Diaz)
Mr. Michael Siuniak (Dick-Johnston)
Ms. Carmen Thompson (Jones-Petruska)
Mrs. Stacy Jeran (Phelps-Thompson)
Mrs. Amber Mungavin, Director (Thornhill-Z)
To schedule an appointment with your counselor, please complete and submit the SHS School Counseling Sign Up Form.
Additional Counseling Staff
Ms. Tara Hoffman, Secretary/Scholarships
Mrs. Tracey White, Registrar
Mr. Greg Bucher, Career Coach
Mr. John Fox, Interim Accountability Specialist
Scholarships - Learn more about scholarship opportunities.
College Entrance Tests - Get more information about SAT and ACT testing, including requesting accommodations.
LFCC Library Resources - Access LFCC's library resources.
Upcoming Counseling Events
- Financial Aid Presentation (Session 2- Alternate Date): Thursday, October 21 at 6:00 p.m. (SHS Library)
- ASVAB Test: Monday, November 1 at 8:30 a.m.
- FAFSA Workshop: Thursday, November 11 at 6:00 p.m. (SHS Library)
AP Exam Registration
From October 18-29, students may register to take Advanced Placement (AP) exams.
The cost of taking each AP exam is $96. Final payment for all enrolled exams will be due on or before March 11, 2022.
All FCPS students will take their AP exams at Lord Fairfax Community College during the two–week exam window of May 2-6 and May 9-13, 2022. Transportation to and from the exam site will be the responsibility of the student/family. Additional details regarding the testing process will be shared in the spring. For more information, contact the school counseling department or visit www.collegeboard.org.
- 2021-22 College & Career Info - Senior Presentation
- Dual Enrollment Presentation 2021-2022
- 2021-22 Junior Class Presentation
- AP Exam Registration Form
- Fall 2021- ASVAB Test Registration Form
- Transfer VA Dual Enrollment Student Guide
- 2021-22 SAT/ACT Fee Waiver Request Form
- Scholarship Search Site
- College Planning
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Kahn Academy
- Career Planning Guide