111P - School Board Organizational Meeting
The School Board holds an organizational meeting annually.
At that meeting the Board
- establishes its regular meeting schedule for the following year,
- elects one of its members as chair,
- approves a designee of the Superintendent to attend meetings of the School Board in case of the superintendent’s absence or inability to attend, and
- appoints, on the recommendation of the Superintendent, a clerk of the School Board.
Upon election, the chair immediately assumes office and presides over the remainder of the meeting.
In addition, the Board
- may elect one of its members as vice chair and
- may appoint a deputy clerk or deputy clerks.
The vice chair and deputy clerk(s), if any, are empowered to act in all matters in case of the absence or inability to act of the chair or clerk, respectively, or as otherwise provided by the Board.
The terms of the chair, clerk, vice chair and deputy clerk(s) are one year.
The Board’s annual organizational meeting is held at the first meeting in January.
Code of Virginia, Section(s) 22.1-72, 22.1-76
Adopted: February 6, 1990
Amended: January 2, 1996
Amended: July 20, 2021