About Indian Hollow
Indian Hollow Elementary School was built in 1988 on 17 acres, 60 miles west of Washington, D.C., in Winchester, VA. We serve approximately 430 students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. There are twenty five classrooms, a computer lab, gymnasium, library, music room, cafeteria and art room. On the school grounds there is a nature trail, playground and field facilities.
Motto: "Hand in Hand We Learn Together"
School Colors: Red & Blue
The staff, parents, and community of Indian Hollow Elementary School will provide our students with a strong foundation of knowledge in core academics, technology, fine arts and physical education. Working collaboratively, each child's needs and learning styles will be met through classroom instruction, tutoring, Reading Recovery, Title I and other programs that will improve academic performance. Ultimately, we want our students to experience academic success to enable them to become life-long learners.
The Indian Hollow Elementary School community will attain its mission by:
- enabling students, staff and parents to achieve and be recognized for success in their individual roles
- providing student-centered opportunities for learning
- maintaining a secure, clean and attractive environment for learning
- promoting mutual respect, appreciation and a spirit of teamwork among students, staff, parents and the community
- modeling, encouraging and expecting responsible student behavior
- monitoring the progress of individual students to collaboratively plan future instruction
- utilizing staff knowledge and expertise to accomplish school goals