Preliminary applications for the preschool program will be accepted from the families of eligible students residing in the Apple Pie Ridge, Evendale, Gainesboro, Indian Hollow, Jordan Springs, Middletown, Redbud Run and Stonewall elementary school attendance zones beginning the week of Monday, March 6th. Preliminary applications should be completed using the Online Preschool Application Form.
2023-24 Initial Preschool Application - English
2023-24 Initial Preschool Application - Spanish
In addition to completing the Online Preschool Application Form, the following information must be scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off for Heidi Jenkins or Angie White at the Frederick County Public Schools Administration Building located at 1415 Amherst Street, Winchester, Virginia.
- Photo ID (choose one):
- Valid/current Virginia Driver’s license
- Valid/current Photo ID Card (from the DMV)
- Valid/current Passport
- Proof of residency- Parents must present two forms of proof that they reside in the attendance zone in which they are enrolling students.
- Residency Documents (choose two):
- Electric bill
- Oil bill
- Gas bill (Natural or Propane – if attached to home)
- Water/sewer bill
- Cable/satellite TV bill
- Property tax bill (for residence)
- Mortgage statement/bill
- House purchase contract (with signatures & date) (verify address on contract – no additions should be made to original contract)
- Home owner’s insurance policy (coverage must be current) (verify address on contract)
- Rental/Lease contract (with signatures & date) (verify address on contract – no additions should be made to original contract)
- Renter’s insurance policy (for residence – coverage must be current)
(Not accepted: Bills more than two months prior to current date, bank statements and phone bills)
- Certified copy of the student's birth
- Proof of Income
- 2022 tax return or W-2 forms
- 2 current pay stubs (salary)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) verification
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) verification
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) verification
- Written statement from employer
- Social Security benefits
- Rental income
- Trust Fund
After preliminary applications have been processed, Frederick County Public Schools will contact the families of those students who meet the eligibility requirements for the program to complete the full registration process.
Once the full registration process is completed, the applications will be assessed. Completing the registration process does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Since the preschool program is only able to serve up to 72 students, the applications of all students will be reviewed by the preschool supervisor to determine the students who will receive the greatest educational benefit from participating in preschool. Those students will be offered admission to the program. All other eligible applicants will be placed on a waiting list and offered admission in order of greatest need should additional space become available. Admission decisions will be communicated in two cycles, mid-May and mid-June.
For additional information regarding the registration process, please contact Preschool Coordinator Angie White at 540-662-3888.