Tutors - ALL in VA Program
Thank you for your interest in Frederick County Public Schools. We are currently recruiting individuals to provide high-intensity tutoring to students in the areas of math and reading through the ALL In VA program . ALL IN VA is a comprehensive plan to support Virginia’s students in grades three through eight who are in need of academic reinforcement.
Anyone interested in tutoring must meet the requirements listed below and complete the application process.
All interested candidates must complete an application in our Online Job Portal. Required documents may be submitted as an attachment to the application or emailed directly to Carolyn Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Each application must be completed thoroughly to be considered.
- High School degree/GED required and must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to maintain order and discipline in the learning environment; ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm manner
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students
- Must be able to operate computer technology as directed by the school and as required to follow lesson plans
- Must possess good moral character and must pass criminal background checks. Only applicants who meet the conditions of employment set forth in § 22.1-296.1 of the Code of Virginia may be considered.
Rate of pay for Virginia licensed teachers and individuals holding a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, will be $65.72 per hour, with the expectation of planning and face-to-face tutoring. Non-degreed individual’s rate of pay will be $26.76 per hour, for face-to-face tutoring. Tutor positions are temporary, on-call positions.
- Complete the Tutor - ALL in VA Program application in our Online Job Portal. Be sure to complete all questions thoroughly and accurately. This includes all prior work history, three current/prior supervisor references, and employer questions. We will only consider complete application packages.
- Provide proof of education. A diploma indicating your highest degree earned must be emailed to Carolyn Crawford, email@example.com. We will accept a picture of your diploma or an unofficial transcript that indicates the date your degree was conferred.
- Provide three references using the Frederick County Substitute Reference Form. References must be provided by your most recent supervisors and reflect employment covering the last 5 years. If you have limited or no work experience, we may accept references from professors or volunteer supervisors. Please fill out the top portion of the form and send it to the supervisors you indicated on your application. You may have the supervisor send it back to Carolyn Crawford directly, or you can forward the completed forms.
- Once your application for the substitute tutor position has been submitted, we will review all applications and contact those candidates who best meet our requirements to schedule an orientation.
Orientations are invitation only and held on an as needed basis. Once you have been scheduled for an orientation:
- You will be provided with information for completing a TB Assessment; this is free of charge to the applicant. If you have had a TB test assessment performed within the last twelve months we will accept that. Please note that you may use any provider of your choice, but the cost will not be reimbursed.
- Complete the Online Child Abuse and Neglect Training. Print certificates of completion.
- Complete the Understanding the Regulations Governing the Use of Restraint and Seclusion. Print certificate of completion.
During orientation, you will receive additional information about our school system, important policies, and substituting with Frederick County Public Schools. You will also complete:
- Federal and state tax forms
- A Central Registry Form for each state in which you have resided for the past five years
- Fingerprinting for background check
Bring to orientation:
- Voided check for direct deposit
- Certificates of completion from your training
- Documentation to complete the I-9 form
Once your background information is returned and we are in receipt of all your documentation we will review your completed application and make a determination regarding your employment with Frederick County Public Schools. If you are approved, you will be presented to the School Board for final approval. You will then be contacted regarding your approval.
Submitting the application and forms required to be a tutor does not guarantee employment. Hiring decisions will be made based on qualifications to include work history, educational background, references, and needs within the school system.
If you are unable to email your documents, please mail, fax or deliver your information with a cover letter to:
Frederick County Public Schools
Attn: Human Resources
1415 Amherst Street
Winchester, VA 22601