Planning & Development
The office of Planning & Development facilitates the design of new schools, school renovations, and school additions. This work includes:
- Property Development. Planning staff works with architects, engineers, and FCPS staff to design and plan all capital projects, including new facilities, renovations, and additions. Planning staff also serves in a supporting role during school construction.
- CIP. The Capital Improvements Plan is a statement of the division’s capital needs. Some of the needs driving the CIP are based on population growth, some on aging infrastructure.
- Enrollment Projections. Membership projections are used to develop the Capital Improvements Plan, for budgeting purposes, and to ensure proper pupil/teacher ratios in the upcoming school year.
- Rezonings. Works with a consultant, the public, and staff to prepare school attendance boundary adjustments for School Board consideration.
- Property Acquisition.
- Supports school naming committees.
- Liaison with the County Planning Department.
- Vehicular and pedestrian traffic safety plans.
Planning and Development Staff
Wayne Lee, Coordinator of Planning and Development ext. 88249
Cindy Whetzel, Administrative Support ext. 88115
2024-28 Capital Improvements Plan
Attendance Zone Maps
General attendance zone maps are below. To identify an attendance zone for a particular address, please use the "Find Your School" feature.