Insurance for Injuries
Frederick County Public Schools does not carry insurance for injuries to students. For the students' protection, if medical insurance is not currently provided through the parents' employer or individual plans, parents are strongly encouraged to purchase insurance from a private vendor or the student accident insurance available through the school division vendor—K&K Insurance Group.
FCPS has selected the Student Insurance Plan from K&K Insurance Group to make reliable coverage available to parents. If you don't have other insurance, this plan may be a resource to consider. Additionally, even if you have other coverage, this plan can help fill expensive "gaps" caused by deductibles and co-pays. Coverage may be purchased at any time during the school year.
- Once on the K&K Insurance website, select "K12 Voluntary" under ENROLL NOW and click "GO"
- Click the bubble for "Current School Year"
- Click the bubble for "Frederick County Public Schools" and continue
- Enter your student's information to load available plans
- Choose your plan and "Add Student"
- You will be shown Plan and Total Premium information; click continue
- Read the policy information and continue
- Complete enrollment information for Parent/Guardian
- Read Disclosures; click "I have agreed to the above terms" and complete remaining information (Name of Person Completing Form) and continue
- Read Coverage & Premiums Application Summary
- Continue to Payment
- Register (to acquire login name and password)
- Proceed to payment options