- Robert E. Aylor Middle School
8th Grade End-of-the-Year Events
- 8th-grade dance "An Evening in Sparta" Friday, 6/3 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. (not a formal)
- 8th-grade field trip to The Alamo Tuesday, 6/7 in the morning. I am checking with Mr. Rudy about practicing lining up for recognition for students in the afternoon.
- 8th-grade Recognition Ceremony Wednesday, 6/8 at 10:00 a.m.
- 8th grade Social for students 6/8 after lunch- Students will have some ice cream, some music and will be able to sign yearbooks.
8th Grade Dance
Friday, 6/3 6:30-9:00 p.m.
We are so happy that we can have our 8th grade dance this year. We do need some help with the dance. I have attached the document to sign up on or you can join the 8th grade dance classroom using the following code: q5kwduj. We are very excited about our theme this year, “An Evening in Sparta” and very thankful to Sherando’s prom sponsors for lending and giving us decorations to use.
If you can volunteer/chaparone/donte to the dance, please contact Mrs. Sloan email@example.com.
I want to remind you that this dance is not formal and the FCPS dress code will be enforced. I have restated the information that was sent home in the 8th grade contract back in April.
Dress Code for the 8th Grade Dance:
Students who arrive at the dance dressed inappropriately will not be permitted to enter the building. If a violation of the FCPS dress code occurs prior to or during the dance, the student will be asked to leave the school grounds for the remainder of the dance. This is NOT a formal dance.
The standards of dress in the schools are as follows:
- Clothing shall cover all undergarments, the midriff, cleavage, back and private areas. Additionally, sheer and/or see-through clothing that exposes these areas is prohibited.
- Pants or slacks must be worn so that the entire waistband is above the top of the hip bone.
- Skirts and shorts shall be mid-thigh length. Holes and shredding shall be below mid-thigh on skirts, shorts , and pants.
- Tops shall have straps that are one inch or greater in width. (approx. 3 fingers wide) Bottoms: a pair of slacks or skirt or dress that is the proper length (mid-thigh length) (would prefer no jeans) Tops: dress shirt w/or without a tie, a collared polo shirt, blouse (no t-shirts)Dresses: Dresses should cover the back over the bra strap. Straps should be at least one inches wide (3 fingers is a good guide). Low cut or V-cut dresses are NOT permitted. Backless or spaghetti strap dresses are NOT permitted.
8th Grade Recognition Ceremony
First and foremost, we know that parents want to be a part of their child’s recognition, and we are glad that parents can attend in person this year but because of the size of our gym, we can only offer 2 tickets to each student’s family. We will also be Livestreaming the recognition ceremony and will be posting the 8th grade video recognizing each 8th grade student on our webpage and Facebook page. We will forward the information and link to the recognition closer to the date.
We are asking whether you plan to attend or not, that you either (1) mark on the paper form sent home with your student, and have your student bring it back to Aylor to give to Ms. Sloan or (2) fill out the 8th grade Recognition Ceremony Ticket Form.
The 8th grade team is excited to share these events with you and your student.