- James Wood High School
PSAT - Registration August 21-27
Important Information for the 2023 Digital PSAT
Registration is open to 11th grade students only from August 21-27. Students in 10th grade can register August 28-31. We are not accepting registrations from 9th grade students at this time. All registrations end on August 31.
Test Fee: A test fee of $20 must be paid at the time of registration and can be paid online through MySchoolBucks. You are NOT registered for the test until you have filled out the registration form AND paid at MySchoolBucks.
Location: The test will be administered at James Wood High School to JWHS students and JWHS-zone homeschool students only.
JWHS students must bring their school-issued chromebooks for testing. Homeschool students will be provided with a chromebook on test day.
Test Date: The PSAT test will be digital this year. Due to this change, the PSAT will be given on multiple dates during the week of October 9-14.
Test Time: Testing begins at 8:00 a.m. Late students will NOT be admitted. Please check in with your 1st period teacher for attendance. The test is approximately 2.5 hours and students must be present for the duration of the test until they are dismissed. The PSAT is a Nationally Standardized test with timed sections. If a student must leave before the test is completed and they are dismissed, then their test can not be scored. Please keep this in mind when scheduling appointments, etc.
The following items are required for taking the PSAT/NMSQT:
- A pen or pencil for scratch work (it doesn’t have to be a No. 2 pencil).
- A fully charged, school issued Chromebook
- A valid photo ID for check-in if testing as a homeschool/private school student.
Though not required, consider bringing:
- Snacks and drinks (which must be under your desk during testing)
- A built-in Desmos graphing calculator is available for the entire Math section. (You can also bring your own acceptable calculator; please see psat.org/calculator for a full list.)
- Extra batteries, a power cord, and backup calculator
All cell phones, smart watches and other electronic devices must be turned off and turned in at check-in. All devices will be returned to students upon dismissal from the test.
Test Details and Practice Items including access to Bluebook (the PSAT digital test delivery software) can be found at the following links:
Please contact Mrs. Mongan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and good luck on test day!